The LA Giltinis are a Major League Rugby team based in Los Angeles, California, United States. The team was announced in 2020 and entered the league in the 2021 season as an expansion franchise. The Giltinis, named for a yet-to-be-released cocktail, are owned by Adam Gilchrist and Loyals Rugby. It is based in El Segundo, California and currently plays at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Darren Coleman was announced as the head coach.
A potential Los Angeles expansion bid for MLR, led by LA Coast Rugby, was announced in 2018 with plans for the team to enter the league in 2019. The team's bid was later replaced by a new proposal from Loyals Rugby, who were announced as the winners of the expansion team in 2020. The team, named for a cocktail like the Austin Gilgronis, began play in 2021. In its first season, the Giltinis posted a 12–4 record, hosted, and defeated Rugby ATL in the MLR final, winning the shield.
|Season||Kit manufacturer||Shirt sponsor|
Note: Flags indicate national union as has been defined under WR eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-WR nationality.
- Senior 15s internationally capped players are listed in bold.
- * denotes players qualified to play for the United States on dual nationality or residency grounds.
- MLR teams are allowed to field up to ten overseas players per match.
- Dave Dennis (2021)
LA Giltinis won the Major League Rugby Championship Shield in their inaugural season (2021).
|March 20||New England Free Jacks||Home||Won, 42–27|
|March 28||Seattle Seawolves||Home||Won, 57–26|
|April 10||Toronto Arrows||Away||Won, 43–16|
|April 17||Houston SaberCats||Away||Won, 48-33|
|April 24||San Diego Legion||Home||Won, 45-17|
|May 1||Old Glory DC||Home||Won, 47-17|
|May 8||Rugby United New York||Away||Lost, 16-18|
|May 15||Utah Warriors||Home||Won, 38-27|
|May 19||Austin Gilgronis||Away||Won, 17-3|
|May 29||Rugby ATL||Away||Lost, 12-17|
|June 13||Houston SaberCats||Home||Won, 52-5|
|June 20||San Diego Legion||Away||Won, 19-13|
|June 27||Seattle Seawolves||Away||Won, 29-14|
|July 4||New Orleans Gold||Home||Lost, 20-21|
|July 10||Austin Gilgronis||Home||Won, 31-17|
|July 17||Utah Warriors||Away||Lost, 29-34|
|July 25||Utah Warriors||Home||Won, 17-13|
|July 31||Rugby ATL||Home||Won, 31-17|
|February 5||Houston SaberCats||Home|
|February 11||Toronto Arrows||Home|
|February 27||New England Free Jacks||Away|
|March 5||Austin Gilgronis||Home|
|March 13||Utah Warriors||Away|
|March 20||San Diego Legion||Away|
|March 26||Seattle Seawolves||Away|
|April 3||Dallas Jackals||Away|
|April 10||Rugby United New York||Away|
|April 16||Houston SaberCats||Away|
|April 30||Rugby ATL||Home|
|May 8||Austin Gilgronis||Away|
|May 15||San Diego Legion||Home|
|May 21||Dallas Jackals||Home|
|May 28||Utah Warriors||Home|
|June 5||Seattle Seawolves||Away|
- Pengelly, Martin (June 1, 2020). "Major League Rugby announces LA Giltinis, second team named for a drink". The Guardian. Retrieved March 15, 2021.
- "Major League Rugby Officially Welcomes the LA Giltinis" (Press release). Major League Rugby. May 28, 2020. Retrieved May 28, 2020.
- Carroll, Rory (July 11, 2018). "Los Angeles to get professional rugby team in 2019". Reuters. Retrieved March 15, 2021.
- "Meet The Giltinis: LA's New Rugby Team to Open Play At Coliseum March 20". CBS Los Angeles. February 27, 2021. Retrieved March 15, 2021.
- "LA Giltinis". Americas Rugby News. Retrieved 11 December 2021.
- "MLR Champion Adam Ashley-Cooper Swoops into Coaching Role".