The Glen Cove Bible School was founded in 1959 as an affiliate of Glen Cove Christian Academy and Christian Schools, Inc. It was located in Glen Cove, Rockland, Maine. The Glen Cove Bible College closed in 1979 due to the insolvency of Christian Schools Inc. but reopened as the New England Bible College in 1980 in Portland. A year later, it moved to larger facilities at the First Baptist Church of South Portland. Rev. Richard Francis became the college's president in 2007.
- "New England Bible College announces new president". Sun Journal. February 5, 2003. Retrieved 15 July 2011.