The State Herbarium of South Australia, sometimes called the South Australian Herbarium, and having the herbarium code, AD,  is located in Adelaide, South Australia. It is one of several State and Commonwealth herbaria in Australia. The Department for Environment and Water is the state agency which is responsible for the Herbarium, but the Board of the Botanic Gardens and State Herbarium (established by an Act of Parliament, most recently the Botanic Gardens and State Herbarium Act 1978) is charged with its establishment and maintenance.
The State Herbarium's collections include collections of Ralph Tate, John McConnell Black (via the South Australian Museum), the moss herbarium of Professor David Guthrie Catcheside (1907–1994), and the collections of the Field Naturalists Society of South Australia.
Also in 2011, the Herbarium produced an online version of the Flora of South Australia, 5th edition.
- Holmgren, P.K. & Holmgren, N.H. 1998 (continuously updated). "Index Herbariorum: A global directory of public herbaria and associated staff". New York: New York Botanical Garden. Retrieved 18 June 2008.
- eFloraSA Electronic flora of South Australia Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- Swainsona formerly Journal of the Adelaide Botanic Gardens. Retrieved 19 July 2019
- Botanic Gardens of Adelaide and State Herbarium; South Australia. Dept. for Environment and Heritage; Board of the Botanic Gardens and State Herbarium (2009), Gardens for life : Botanic Gardens and State Herbarium of South Australia : strategic plan 2009–2012, Dept. for Environment and Heritage, retrieved 27 December 2011
- State Herbarium history Department of Environment & Natural Resources. Accessed 27 December 2011.
- Hackney Tram Depot Goes Green – Botanic Garden Takeover Archived 2011-04-23 at the Wayback Machine Postcards, Channel 9. Accessed 27 December 2011.
- Millionth find could be a new species ABC News, 27 December 2011. Accessed 27 December 2011.
- Fungus that is one in a million The Advertiser 27 December 2011. Accessed 27 December 2011.
- Kellermann, Jürgen; State Herbarium of South Australia, eds. (2011), Flora of South Australia (5th ed.), State Herbarium of South Australia]
- eFloraSA Electronic flora of South Australia Retrieved 18 May 2018.