California Locals (“CaLocals”) wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose information from, and about you, because we respect your concerns about privacy and we want to maintain your trust. We and our service providers may collect information by automated means when you visit, access, or use our website. We collect information through Cookies to deliver and improve CaLocals services and to display relevant content, products, and advertising.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
For more information on the choices you have about the cookies we use, please see the section entitled Controlling Cookies below.
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN THROUGH COOKIES
WHERE WE PLACE COOKIES.
We set Cookies in a number of different locations across our services. These locations may include:
- Our website and;
- The emails we send.
TYPES OF COOKIES.
The bullet points below outline the types of cookies we use on our website and why we use them. We also provide explanations of their purpose(s).
- Strictly Necessary. Strictly necessary cookies are just that – strictly necessary for you to move around the website and use its features. Without these essential cookies, our website would not be able to perform their basic functions. These cookies may be set automatically when pages load or as a result of a user request that cannot be fulfilled without use of the cookie. Generally, strictly necessary cookies are session cookies that expire as soon as you close your browser or if you’ve been inactive for a certain amount of time.
- Performance. We want to ensure that we provide a good experience for our users. Performance cookies allow us to monitor how visitors use our website. These cookies provide us with statistics on how many people visit the website, where they have come from, and the pages they visit within the site. The purpose of this is to help us improve user experience and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. This includes things like tracking page visits, dwell time, bounce rates, page load speeds and the technologies used to access the site. Generally, these cookies will be a mix of session and persistent cookies that can be provided by a first or third party. You should know that a persistent cookie exists even when a browser has been closed. Persistent cookies are used to remember things like your login information and password, so you don’t have to re-enter them every time you visit the website. Persistent cookies will typically last until you clear your browsers’ cache of cookies.
- Functionality. These cookies allow a website to remember certain choices a user makes and support the website’s functionality in a way that is visible or advantageous to the user or their experience on the site. This includes elements of persistent personalization (remembered on subsequent visits) and enhanced user preferences (such as text size, fonts, language, etc.). These cookies are generally a mix of first and third party, session and persistent cookies.
- Targeting. These cookies are used to display relevant advertising to users who use our website, as well as to understand and report on the efficacy of our ads. They may track details such as the number of unique visitors, the number of times particular ads have been displayed, and the number of clicks the ads have received. These track details are set by us and our trusted third party networks, and are generally persistent in nature.
- Third Party. Third-party cookies may include, but is not limited to, cookies hosted by our analytics providers, compliance assistants, ad networks, and advertisers, which are used to track your online activities over time and across third party websites by automated means. This information can be used to understand a visitor’s use of our website(s) to help improve our products, remember your preferences, provide content recommendations, provide you with a secure way to make data requests, assist in legal compliance, display tailored advertisements, and more. The information these third parties may obtain on our behalf includes, but is not limited to, data about your visits to our website, such as the pages, articles or ads you view, as well as the actions you take on on our website(s), such as consenting to be contacted by us. This data collection may take place on our sites, emails, and on third party websites. These cookies may appear in the form of Strictly Necessary, Performance, Functionality, and Targeting cookies.
Google Analytics is a service provided by Google that allows us to measure our website performance to ensure we are providing the best service for our users. It is your right to opt-out of Google Analytics if you wish. To find out how to do that, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
If you disable cookies, please be aware that some of the features of our website may not function correctly. For more details on your choices regarding use of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising you may visit the following sites:
On a mobile device, you may also be to adjust your settings to limit ad tracking.
CONSENT FOR ADVERTISING COOKIES ON OUR SITES.
OPT-OUT OF EMAIL MARKETING.
You may choose not to receive future marketing or advertising emails from us by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link found in our emails. Alternatively, you may send an opt-out request by submitting this form.
If you later opt-in, we may resume sending you marketing or advertising emails.